Get help with your aged care finances
Call or email J Palmer & Sons today to book a free, no-obligation 30-minute meeting.
To get started, we’ll review your needs, circumstances, and any aged care facilities you’re considering. We’ll also do an initial appraisal and assessment of your income and assets.
When you decide to move ahead, we’ll assist and clarify options for funding both entry into age care and ongoing monthly fees, with the aim of ensuring that you achieve the best financial outcome.
Get on top of your aged care finances with:
- financial modelling of the available options and financial outcomes, focusing on opportunities to retain the family home, minimise fees and maximise benefits
- negotiation with the aged care facility on fees and contracts
- completion of government paperwork
If you have existing accountants and legal advisers, we can work with them.
When to get aged care financial advice
Moving a family member into residential aged care can be challenging, emotional and stressful. Complex decisions on financial matters often need to be made quickly:
- negotiating and funding an accommodation deposit
- paying daily and extra service fees
- decisions on means-tested fees and whether to sell the family home
Appropriate structuring can minimise fees and maximise entitlements, avoiding tens of thousands of dollars in additional costs, year after year.
We recommend taking action sooner rather than later as it can make a big difference. In addition, getting the financial arrangements set up early can give peace of mind to the person entering care and their family.
Our role is to help you make the most appropriate decisions and achieve an optimal financial outcome for aged care.
Joseph Palmer & Sons can provide the following services:
- negotiating and structuring the refundable accommodation deposit (RAD)
- minimising means-tested fees
- maximising entitlements
- consideration of impacts on pension payments
- financial modelling for funding the upfront and ongoing costs
- liaising with Centrelink
- decisions regarding the family home
- completion of all paperwork
- assistance with choosing appropriate accommodation
We are a licenced financial adviser (AFSL 247067).
Who we are
We have a deep knowledge of the aged care system and have experienced the aged care transition with our own parents.
Our personal journeys and professional experience in financial services enable us to expertly advise and guide you through the complexities of aged care.