This Policy should be read carefully by users of our website at www.dailycare.com.au (“the Site ”) and prospective users of our services prior to accessing or using our information and services.
1. Our commitment to you
DailyCare takes your privacy seriously, and strictly adheres to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We will only collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide our services.
This Policy outlines our practices relating to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information. Whenever you provide personal information to us, we will treat that information in accordance with this Policy.
2 Openness and transparency
DailyCare has set out in this document our policies on the management of personal information. On request by a person for access to, or for correction of, personal information, DailyCare will respond to the request within a reasonable period of time. DailyCare reserves the right to modify this Policy in whole or in part from time to time without notice.
Amendments will be effective immediately upon posting of the amended Policy on our Site.
3. What information we collect and store*
We may collect personal information about individuals. The types of personal information we most frequently collect include, in relation to an individual, their name, date of birth, signature, home address, business address, email address, telephone numbers, health information, information about independent living competencies, employment and employment history details, details of professional memberships, associations, affiliations with relevant industry bodies, government issued identifiers and health referral codes, details of a person acting under a legal, medical and/or financial power of attorney, Centrelink financial means testing status and banking and credit card details.
Our usual approach is to collect personal information directly from the individual concerned or their authorised representative, where reasonably practicable. DailyCare will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of the primary purposes of:
- providing our services;
- our internal management needs; and
- our marketing activities.
We will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
DailyCare may collect personal information about you, in circumstances including when:
- you or your representatives send us an enquiry, including through the Site or over the telephone, or meet with our representative;
- you or your representatives become a customer of our business;
- you register with us and use the features of our Site or services available;
- you on your own behalf or on behalf of a business with whom we have contracted (such as a hospital) provide personal information about you or about another individual (such as a prospective customer for facilities or services) to enable us to provide our services;
- when paying for goods or services;
- you opt in to receive news, alerts, information and other marketing materials from us;
- you provide us with feedback or complete one of our online forms;
- we are required to do so for regulatory or other legal purposes;
- when evaluating job applicants and personnel; and/or
- you otherwise deal commercially with us.
When you access our Site via a browser or application, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
We store and hold personal information in a secure encrypted database at AWS using best security practices.
4. How we use your information
DailyCare may use and disclose your personal information that it collects for the primary purpose for which it was collected, as set out in clause 3 of this Policy.
We use the personal information collected from you for the purpose it was provided or collected (as indicated above), including in the following ways:
(a) To respond to enquiries received from you;
(b) To provide services and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
(c) To assist in finding accommodation and/or treatment in aged care facilities and/or home care on behalf of the individual concerned or their representative;
(d) To assist in seeking assistance on your behalf for allied services, financial advice or other goods or services that you or your representatives request from us;
(e) To perform authorised financial transactions with you;
(f) To verify your identity and to assist you if you have forgotten any user name or password;
(g) To communicate with you and provide you with information (whether by email, post or other means) about our services, where you have requested or consented to receiving this from us or where this provision is otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles;
(h) To notify you about changes to our Site and services;
(i) To receive and address feedback or complaints from you; and
(j) To protect our legal interests and fulfil our regulatory obligations (if and to the extent necessary).
5. Disclosing personal information
We will only disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we have your express consent.
- Where it can be reasonably inferred in the circumstances that you consent to the disclosure to third parties.
- To third parties where you or your representatives (including where a hospital acts on your behalf) have asked us to do so for the purposes of us providing services, arranging callouts, making enquiries as to accommodation and facilities and the like.
- To our contractors for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf.
- We may from time to time engage service providers to help us deliver our services to you. In these instances, we may disclose your personal information to these third parties in order to help deliver services to you. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose and these service providers are not able to use it for their own purposes or disclose it to others.
- Where disclosure is required or authorised by or under law or a court or tribunal order.
- Where we reasonably believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body.
- Where disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights or intellectual property or to protect the safety of our employees, users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We limit the personal information we provide to third parties to the information they need to help us provide or facilitate the provision of services to our customers. We deal with third parties that are required to meet the privacy standards required by law in handling your personal information and to use your personal information only for the purposes we give it to them.
If you opt in to receive email marketing communications from us, these will be sent to you directly by us. We will only send marketing communications to people who have opted to receive them. You can unsubscribe from receiving these communications at any time.
In the event DailyCare goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information may be among the assets transferred. We will ensure the confidentiality of any personal information involved in such transactions.
6. Transfer of personal information overseas
We may transfer some personal information overseas in circumstances where an individual to be placed in aged care or other facilities through use of our services has a representative (such as, but not limited to a family member) located outside Australia. We may do this for the purpose of obtaining information and authorisations in relation to that individual as needed for provision of our services.
7. How we protect your information
We will act to protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we hold about you from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We restrict access to personal information to those who have a need to know, we maintain technological products to prevent unauthorised computer access and regularly review our technology to maintain security.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for the purpose for which the information was disclosed.
8. Access to your personal information
You are able to gain access to the personal information that we hold about you at any time and can raise concerns, complaints or ask for corrections. A request for access should be made in accordance with section13 of this Policy.
Your right to access is subject to some exceptions allowed by law. Factors affecting a right to access include:
- Where we reasonably believe that providing access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety.
- Where providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
- Where the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
- The information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process.
- Where providing access would be unlawful.
- Denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
- Access would prejudice enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body (for example, enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law, public revenue, a security function or negotiations with you).
If DailyCare is not required to provide the individual with access to the information because one of the exceptions set out in clause 8 of this Policy apply, we will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to give access in a way that meets the needs of the entity and the individual, and may consider whether the use of mutually agreed intermediaries would allow sufficient access to meet the needs of both parties.
We will provide reasons if we deny you access to your personal information, including contact details of the Australian Privacy Commissioner who will receive and deal with complaints.
9. Keeping your information up-to-date
We aim to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that this is the case so that we can provide you with better services.
If you believe your personal information is not up to date, please contact us by the means specified in paragraph 13.
DailyCare may use “cookies” to help personalise an individual’s online experience. “Cookies” are pieces of information that our Site transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record- keeping purposes. Cookies do not personally identify you, only your computer browser. The individual has the ability to accept or decline cookies. You can delete cookies from your computer at any time via your internet browser. However if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our Site.
11. Access to the Site outside Australia
DailyCare does not represent or warrant that the content on the Site complies with the laws of any country outside of Australia. If you access the Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk.
12. Links to other sites
13. How you can contact us
If you have any queries in relation to this Policy, or if you would like to request access to, correct your personal information or have a complaint about a breach of privacy, then please contact us:
- Phone: 1300 324 592
- Email: [email protected]
Dailycare intends to develop and enhance its services continuously, by adding new features and services. As we add features we may update this Policy from time to time as required. You should periodically visit this page to review the current Policy.
Last modified: 31 August 2020