1. Our commitment to you
DailyCare takes your privacy seriously, and strictly adheres to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Australian Privacy Principles"). We will only collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide you with the functions that we offer on our Site.
This Policy outlines our practices relating to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information. Personal information is information that makes the identity of an individual apparent. Personal information may include your name, postal address, email, telephone number or anything else necessary to provide the functions and services requested. Whenever you provide personal information to us, we will treat that information in accordance with this Policy.
2. Openness and transparency
DailyCare has set out in this document our policies on the management of personal information. We will make this document available on our Site and to anyone who asks for it free of charge. On request by a person for access to, or for correction of, personal information, DailyCare will respond to the request within a reasonable period of time. DailyCare reserves the right to modify this policy in whole or in part from time to time without notice. Amendments will be effective immediately upon posting of the amended policy on our Site.
3. What information we collect
DailyCare will not collect personal information unless the information is necessary for one or more of the primary purposes of:
- providing services to users of our site;
- our internal management needs; and
- our marketing activities.
We will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. We will only collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide you with the functions that we offer on our Site, and the services that you have requested.
DailyCare may collect personal information about you when you:
- register with us and use the features available once you are registered;
- opt in to receive news, alerts, information and other materials from us;
- provide us with feedback or complete one of our online forms; or
- otherwise deal with us.
When you access our Site via a browser or application, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
At or before the time DailyCare collects your personal information (or if that is not practicable, as soon as practicable after collecting your personal information), we will take such steps as are reasonably practicable in the circumstances to ensure that you are aware of:
- the identity of DailyCare and how to contact us;
- the fact that you are able to gain access to the information, how to access personal information and seek correction;
- the purposes for which the information is collected;
- organisations (or the types of organisations) to which we usually disclose information of that kind;
- the main consequences (if any) if all or part of the information is not provided or collected;
- how to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information and how we deal with the complaint; and
- whether we are likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients and, if it is practicable, the country such recipients are likely to be located.
4. How we use your information
DailyCare may use and disclose your personal information that it collects for the primary purpose for which it was collected, as set out in clause 3 of this Policy.
We will only use your personal information as required to provide the functions and services you request and will do so in a transparent manner. On all pages of our Site which ask for personal information, we clearly outline the purpose for which the information is collected and how we will use your information.
By providing personal information to DailyCare on our Site, you authorise and consent to DailyCare collecting and using your personal information, for a purpose other than the primary purpose (as set out in clause 3), in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
We may also use the information you provide to generate market research. If we do use the information you provide in this manner then it is done in aggregate and on a purely anonymous basis with your personal information removed.
5. Sharing your information
We will only disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- When we have your consent.
- To third parties where you have expressly asked us to do so for the purposes of providing further services.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, agents, and employees for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf.
- We may from time to time engage service providers to help us deliver our services to you. In these instances, we may disclose your personal information to these third parties in order to help deliver services to you. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose and these service providers are not able to use it for their own purposes or disclose it to others.
- Where disclosure is required or authorised by or under law or a court or tribunal order;
- Where we reasonably believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body. If we disclose personal information in relation to an enforcement activity, we will make a written note of the disclosure.
- Where disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights or intellectual property or to protect the safety of our employees, users or the public as required or permitted by law.
If you opt in to receive email communications from us, these will be sent to you directly by us. We will only send communications to people who have opted to receive them. You can unsubscribe from receiving these communications at any time.
In the event DailyCare goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information may be among the assets transferred. We will ensure the confidentiality of any personal information involved in such transactions. You will be notified via email or a prominent notice on our Site of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
6. Data quality
DailyCare will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to make sure that the personal information it collects is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
7. How we protect your information
We will act to protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we hold about you from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for the purpose for which the information was disclosed.
8. Access to your personal information
You are able to gain access to the personal information that we hold about you at any time. A request for access should be made in accordance with clause 13 of this Policy.
Your right to access is subject to some exceptions allowed by law. Factors affecting a right to access include:
- Where we reasonably believe that providing access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety.
- Where providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
- Where the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
- The information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process.
- Where providing access would be unlawful.
- Denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
- Access would prejudice enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body (for example, enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law, public revenue, a security function or negotiations with you).
If DailyCare is not required to provide the individual with access to the information because one of the exceptions set out in clause 8 of this Policy apply, we will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to give access in a way that meets the needs of the entity and the individual, and may consider whether the use of mutually agreed intermediaries would allow sufficient access to meet the needs of both parties.
We will provide reasons if we deny you access to your personal information, including contact details of the Australian Privacy Commissioner who will receive and deal with complaints.
9. Keeping your information up-to-date
We aim to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that this is the case so that we can provide you with better services.
If you believe your personal information is not up to date, please contact us at the address specified in paragraph 13.
DailyCare may use “cookies” to help personalise an individual’s online experience. “Cookies” are pieces of information that our Site transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Cookies do not personally identify you, only your computer browser. The individual has the ability to accept or decline cookies. You can delete cookies from your computer at any time via your internet browser. However if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our Site.
11. Access to the Site outside Australia
DailyCare does not represent or warrant that the content on the Site complies with the laws of any country outside of Australia. If you access the Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk.
12. Links to other sites
13. How you can contact us
If you have any queries in relation to this Policy, or if you would like to request access to your personal information or have a complaint about a breach of privacy, then please contact us:
- Phone: 1300 324 592
- Email: [email protected]
Dailycare intends to develop and enhance its services continuously, by adding new features and services to the Site. As we add features we will update this Policy from time to time as required. You should periodically visit this page to review the current Policy.
Last modified: 27 January 2015
Version number: 1.0