Sourced from the Guardian:
'Morrison is now outlining new restrictions on visiting aged care homes
Homes and visitors now must:
- Limit visits to short times
- Limit to two visitors at one time, per day
- Visits should be conducted in a resident’s room rather than communal areas
- There should be no large group visits or gatherings – including social gatherings or entertainment
- No school groups allowed to visit
He says that in the case of a resident nearing the end of their life, a home will have discretion to make special arrangements for family to visit them.
That will be done on a facility-to-facility basis, that will still accomodate social distancing.
That adds to earlier restrictions on:
- Those who have returned from overseas in 14 days
- Those in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19
- Those who have not been vaccinated against influenza after 1 May'