- expansion of testing to include aged and residential care workers with fever or acute respiratory infection.
- all states and territories have released directions (links below) that set out specific requirements with regard to entry into and visitors to residential aged care facilities.
- individuals must not enter or remain on the premises of a residential aged care facility if the person does not have an up-to-date (i.e. 2020) vaccination against influenza.
- Residential aged care providers should work to have all staff vaccinated prior to 1 May 2020.
The directions are published on state/territory government websites:
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Australian Capital Territory
- Northern Territory
New e-learning modules have been added to the government's website:
COVID-10 infection control training
Department of Health’s modules for Aged Care workers are:
- Module 1: Personal Safety
- Module 2: Families and Visitors
- Part A: Residential Care Facilities
- Part B: In Home Care
- Module 3: COVID-19 and Aged Care
- Module 4: Outbreak Management